Year End Date in Past

I was previously using a very early version of Sage Instant Accounts which now refuses to work and is out of customer support. So I have turned to Quickfile. I need to enter accounts and opening balances manually for the year ending 31/12/2019. As I have very few monthly transactions this is fairly simple, however when I change the year end date to 31/12/2019 I get the message year end must be in the future. Is there a way of altering the system date? Is there another way round this?

Hi @Adleighltd

The field is actually “Next Year End Date”, which will always be in the future.

If you set it to 31/12/2020, the system will work out your previous year end dates based on this.

Hi Mathew, Thank you for your prompt response, I thought of doing that but was concerned I would enter a lot of data only to find I could not close the previous year. Just to clarify will I be able to enter the data for year commencing 01/01/2019 - 31/12/2019 and carry out the year end for that period before entering this years date. Thanks Geoff

Sorry meant this years data & transactions

Hi @Adleighltd

The only thing that would prevent you entering transactions is a year end lock, which is added when you run the Year End Tool. Setting the date alone wouldn’t affect this.

If you set it to 31/12/2020 and then go to the year end tool, you should still see the option to run it for 2019, if you haven’t already.

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.