Account transfers showing in suspense?

I have tagged some movements between the current account and the reserve account as transfers. The amounts are shown as “tagged” in both accounts. Looks good.

Thing is, they are shown in suspense too - so I have a massive suspense account full of these transfers.

Have I done something wrong?

Many thanks

Have you tagged money in and money out as well from both accounts of same amounts?

Interbank transfer just needs to be tagged once, i.e money out from bank 1 tagged as interbank transfer to bank 2 then bank 2 would show money in automatically no need to enter transaction in bank 2 for it

Thanks for your reply

I’m sure I’ve only tagged them in Reserve as then they were automatically shown as tagged in Current.

Its very odd. Not seen this happen before. Sure it must be something I’ve done wrong

Must be some thing else then, try tagging £1 now

Just untagged the last transfer in one account. It was correctly then untagged in the other and present in suspense.

I retagged it in Reserve. Correctly then tagged itself in Current. So that’s ok. But it’s in Suspense.

Noticed that ‘both sides’ are in Suspense - the debit from one account and the credit from the other.

So they cancel out but it means I have loads of entries in suspense - which makes it hard to pick out the things that do need looking at

There should not be any thing in suspense account if it is done as interbank transfer. Try £1 money out transfer from bank one and tag as interbank transfer to bank 2. Do NOT do any entry in bank 2, this £1 should appear in bank 2 itself and nothing in suspense

Just done that. That’s worked fine. The £1 was initially in suspense but disappeared when I tagged it in Bank 1. It then appeared in Bank 2 as it should.

Mind, that is a little different to what I did. I uploaded both the current and reserve bank statements. I tagged in reserve and it asked me if I wanted to match the item with one it found it current (to which I said ‘yes’). The corresponding item then appeared as tagged in current. So all looking fine - till I saw the reserve account.

I wonder if I should try to delete the Reserve transactions, just tag the transfers in current and let QF generate them in reserve (rather than match them). That would be like the £1 test I just did and might sort it.

Yes that is the problem, you have duplication, you need to delete duplicate entries

Ah. Ok. I’ve deleted the bank reserve account transactions and had tagging in current generate them instead. Then checked QF’s calculated balance against the bank statement. All seems fine.

Thank you very much for your help. You’ve spent a lot of time and it is really appreciated.

You are most welcome

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.