Amending a Direct Debit amount

Good Morning,
I have organised a DD for a client but realised that the amount is wrong - How can I change this please as GoCardless have advised that is needs to be done through quickfile. Thanks

Hi @Vicki1804

I’ve had a look at the Direct Debits on your account and can only see one on there which has already been collected from your client. Can you advise on the invoice number or client name please and I’ll have a look into this further for you?

Feel free to send me a private message with this information if you prefer (click my name, and then ‘Message’)

Hi Thanks for getting back to me.

The amount for the latest invoice will have to remain as it is - going forward I need to amount to change to £180.00 a month.

Can you still help with this?

Many thanks

Of course!

How do you normally request the funds - is it automatic from a recurring invoice for example?

I think I have set this as a recurring payment

With a recurring invoice
If it’s a recurring invoice, you can just amend the invoice and all future payments will be in line with the invoice total. From your dashboard, just select ‘Recurring Invoices’ on the left hand side:

Without a recurring invoice
If you just request them as and when through the client control panel, when you click this button:

You can just input the amount you wish to collect there:

Hi I’ve checked and noticed that it isn’t recurring - can I still amend the DD amount?

Each direct debit is set up to the maximum allowed which is £5,000. When you request the funds (see the second part of my post above), then you can simply enter the amount you wish to collect.