Barclays Bank Feed pairing key not saving

Hi, I have been using the bank feed setting for a good while now, and using the browser to save all login details except the password. This has been fine until recently when the ‘Pairing Key’ field started saving the wrong details. As a result, every time I want to import a statement I have to copy and paste the key back in. I have cleared the cache, cookies, passwords etc. and even reinstalled the plugin but after re-entering all of my details, the same thing happens… any one have any ideas??

Cheers

Hi @ReflexCreative

Do you have any other plug ins installed on your browser that may be causing conflict?

I’m not sure whether this is directly related but I have an account with Santander (not linked to Quickfile or my business accounts in any way) and the browser asks if I want it to save some fields but then populates the wrong ones next time I visit the page. Don’t know whether it is intentional or not but it is a trifle annoying!

Hi, I do have other plug-ins, but not that have been installed after quickfile I don’t think?

As you’ve already cleared your cache, cookies etc., it may be worth disabling the other plug ins, and trying again. Usually this comes down to the browser unfortunately

We’ve just added an attribute to that text box to set autocomplete="off". I’m not 100% sure if this will help but it should inform any form filling extensions that this field shouldn’t be overwritten.

Fantastic, once again, top draw support from you guys!

I’ll try it now

I can’t guarantee it will work but I figured it’s worth a try!

Does it require you to update the app within the chrome store? Not worked as of yet

Export Failed!
Incorrect account number or authentication key. Please ensure you have enabled file imports on your Quick File account and the credentials supplied are correct

No, it should work instantly.

Do you know what it’s actually saving? It’s a hidden password field so you can’t easily see what it’s changing it to. Seeing what it’s saving there would offer a clue to the probable cause.

It won’t make any difference the install order. However try disabling all plugins except QuickFile and see if it works, at least then you can deduce that it’s a plugin interfering with the value in that field.

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.