Draft Invoice Date - Set to send date, not draft creation date

A couple of times I have created a draft invoice and then sent it at a later date. This has sometimes triggered overdue emails to be sent the same day. I believe the issue is pretty much the same as Converting estimate to invoice makes it overdue

Could this behaviour be changed so that sending a draft invoice sets the date to the date of sending rather than leaving it at the draft creation date?

It does make sense to reset the issue date on send, although the post you refer to relates to a bug with translating estimates to invoices, in that case it should always set the issue date to the send date.

I can’t think of a good reason not to do this… for now I’ve logged this on our planner for further review.

1 Like

I’ll second this. It’s useful to keep a running invoice then send at the end of the month - but not if it is dated as the beginning of the month!

1 Like

I’d also vote for this simple change but it would also need to recalculate the due date.

Richard

This has my vote also! Would be a great time safer.

its a good one to have. i cast my vote!

I can confirm that this has now been implemented. Whenever an invoice is sent or updated as sent, the issue date will be changed to the current date.

1 Like

This update actually caused some problems for other users and didn’t handle a number of edge cases… bulk imports, future dates, multi-currency exchange rates to name a few.

For that reason we’ve added an account wide setting to allow users to selectively switch this behaviour on. You will find this within the advanced features section. By default this option is switched off so you can enable it again here.

2 Likes

Yes, I did notice the chaos that followed this. Many apologies! Glad it got sorted, thanks for sticking with it and providing a workable solution.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 4 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.