Drop down menu disappearing on Linux + FireFox

Ok so I know you develop for the Chrome browse under Windows but I thought I would ask in case it is an easy fix!
I run Firefox under Linux Mint and when I hover over a main menu item the drop down list appears ok, but when I move the cursor to select from the drop down, it usually disapears before I have a chance to select anything. Minor but really irritating!
Thanks!

I recall a similar problem with Internet Explorer and this was due to a 1 pixel gap between the horizontal menu buttons and the drop-down box. We ended up writing a specific CSS rule for IE to close the gap, I suppose this could be extended to cover Linux + FF.

Can I just confirm, this is happening for you when you move the mouse cursor over this threshold? The box then disappears?

I’m not sure why this is a problem on Linux + FF and not Windows or Mac + FF. But it’s not unknown for there to be slightly different CSS interpretation on the same browser across multiple operating systems.

Yep that is correct. When i move the cursor from the blue area to the grey sub menu the sub menu dissapears. Sometimes I can catch it but never figured out what the common factor is!

Edit: It might be how fast I move from the one area to the other as a deliberately swift move seems to work

Would you mind going to the following page on the browser you’re using to access QF and copying down the user-agent:

http://www.whatsmyuseragent.com/

Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Ubuntu; Linux i686; rv:29.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/29.0

Thanks Paul, I’ll try changing the rule later on today see if that works. Will ping you back when it’s done.

The rule has been changed, try now! You may need to do a hard refresh or clear your cache.

If that doesn’t work let me know and I’ll fire up my old Linux box and try to replicate it.

1 Like

Superb, looks like you fixed it. Thanks Glen. Amazing support as always!
Paul

1 Like

Excellent, thanks for letting me know!