Exporting invoices with more than one line

I think this has been covered in a previous post of mine but I didn’t reply in time before the post was closed.

Have I understood correctly that when exporting sales invoices from Quickfile, it will not allow each individual item line to be shown and therefore imported into another Quickfile account? For example I have a sales invoice with 5 item lines on it but on the csv file it only shows one item line but the amount is for the total invoice.

That is correct, CSV files are no good for exporting this type of hierarchical data, they are flat files so they wouldn’t work for representing this kind of parent (The invoice header), child (The invoice lines) data.

The API invoice_get and invoice_create routines would allow you to move invoices from one account to another preserving the item lines.

http://api.quickfile.co.uk/

Thank you, but what is API?

Sorry, the whole of your message wasn’t showing on my screen so I missed the link!

The API is a programming interface that gives you a much greater control over what data you can insert, update and move from one account to another. It will however require some knowledge of programming to fully utilise.

Hmm, yes, this is above my knowledge base! Do you offer this service?

The idea with the API was to allow other developers to take on projects and develop tools for QF. There’s a limit to what we can do internally so I’m afraid it’s not something we can assist with right now.

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.