How can I make invoice attachments more obvious?

Hi Glenn,

I’m struggling to find how to ask a question other than responding to a random post. I’d like to ask if there is any way attachments to an invoice such as electrical installation certificates That I have to issue can be made more obvious that they are attached.

I deal with various companies and most of them don’t realise that there is a certificate attached when they receive the invoice email. Could the initial page that they receive make it clearer / more obvious that there is another file attached.
I know it’s there is they hit the blue link and then scroll to the bottom of the page but it’s clearly not obvious to lots of different customers as I’m forever talking them through how to find the attachments

Hi @mfa

If you go to Account Settings >> Routine Emails, and scroll down to the New Invoice Raised option, you can amend the copy of the email itself by clicking Modify.

Below each template is a list of available tokens you can use, which are converted when the email is sent. In the case of “New Invoice Created”, there is a token for AttachedFileList, which will list and link each of the attached files in the email itself
Just click in the body of the email where you want the token, select it from the “Custom Tokens” list, and click “Insert Token”.

The list will look something like this:

Hope that helps!

P.s. to create a new thread, click “New Thread” on the forum home. This can be found in the top right hand corner.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.