Invoice Comment Lines

Hi @Glenn,

I know you’re busy at the moment, however I was wondering if I could add a feature request to the list?

We’re often needing to add information to invoices that doesn’t need an amount, qty, VAT or Total column… ie just text, usually to explain the costs below it (you could take a peek at our invoice 61 to see what I mean).

I’m currently working around by entering a 0/0 values, but this would be really useful at making our invoices clearer.

Any help greatly appreciated as always :slight_smile:
Will

1 Like

One possibility here is to blank out the zeros values, if the line total is zero. Although I’m skeptical about this as some users may want to express that an item is being provided for free.

Another option may be to use some hack, maybe starting the line with “~NOTES~ blah blah”. That way the system will pick up this tag and render it as a notes row.

We really don’t want to add more controls at the line item level in the interest of simplicity, new users get completely freaked out when they see a whole myriad of different options.

Hey @Glenn,

Thanks for getting back to me (and apologies for my late reply - it’s been a busy few days!)

I think you’re right about the zero line items as it’s something I see often when something’s being provided for free. The “~NOTES~” prefix is certainly an option I could work with to avoid you having to create new controls etc.

OK I’ve escalated this for further review. Will update you in due course.

1 Like

+1 for this feature too :slight_smile:

I’m pleased to confirm that this feature has now been implemented.

Please see here for more details:

http://community.quickfile.co.uk/t/new-comment-lines-for-invoices-and-estimates/8603

This topic was automatically closed 4 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.