Need to change account from LTD to Sole Trader

What is the best way to change the account from a Ltd company account to a sole trader account, also need to retain all records, clients, suppliers, invoice etc.

Regards
Adam

Hi @Adam_Godsall

You can’t change an account from one entity to another as they’re both separate legal entities, so their own trading activity needs to be separated.

You should set up a new account for the Sole Trader business. If you would like your clients and suppliers copied over, I can arrange for that to be done for you. However, invoices shouldn’t be copied (for the reason above)

I hope that helps

Ok so if i did this, essentially i would have to tell my clients to download invoice history for there account. Start fresh as Sole Trader and reset all recurring invoices manually.

Regards
Adam

They wouldn’t need to download their invoices unless you’re closing the account. You’re welcome to leave it open to keep a record of it’s trading activity (in fact, it may be a good idea to do that just incase).

You would need to start fresh as a sole trader, but recurring invoices would need to be recreated.

Ok so i am guessing i would need to give you the old account number and the new one?

Ads

That’s correct. Once your new account has been set up, send me a private message (click my name, and then ‘Message’) with your old and new account numbers, and I’ll arrange for all suppliers, clients and contacts to be copied for you :slight_smile:

Many thanks
Ill get this actioned now.

Ok i have done the new account, but when i click your name i do not see a message button.

Regards
Adam

I’ve just sent you a message - you should see a green notification in the top right hand corner