Nominal Accounts

Hi. I’ve had no problem whatsoever with the software for 18 months but now a lot is hanging. For example, I can’t ‘explore’ or enlarge categories within Nominal accounts overview. I get a ‘klunk’ something has gone wrong.

I see the error logs that you’re generating… what’s happening is the cookie that stores the page size has expired. Logging out and back in will fix this (i.e. by refreshing the cookie). Also an engineer is working on a fix so that the cookie gets re-issued if it expires like this. So far I can only see this behaviour on your account.

Thanks Glenn.
I have tried logging out several times but the problem just remains as before. I’ve a horrible feeling that it may be due to one of those dreaded windows updates.

That’s strange? Something may be repeatedly clearing your cookies? Have you installed any extensions to your browser?

We should be rolling out an update later today (prob in the evening) that will circumvent this. In the mean time try using another browser such as Internet Explorer or Firefox.

I’ve already tried it with Chrome & Explorer Glenn but it’s the same. I’ll try another.

It may then point to an issue with Windows update? I’m afraid I can’t suggest an alternative right now other than to use a different machine. We will try to get this update pushed out ASAP.

Still the same Glen but I notice that the main account I’m trying to examine has an ‘open’ blue lock symbol different to the other accounts where the lock is grey and closed. Could this be anything?

Are you only seeing this when viewing that particular account? No issues on the other accounts?

I can view that account (1202) fine from here. If it’s a bank account you could view it in the bank section instead?

I’ve gone in through Safari and all seems to be well. Thanks a lot Glenn but can you tell me what the ‘Blue lock’ indicates please?

Ok great! The blue lock indicates that this is a user generated ledger, e.g. not one of the default codes created when opening the account. It just means it can be deleted later if needed.

We’ve now updated the application, I think even if you revert back to Chrome you shouldn’t be seeing any more errors in the ledger view.

Let me know how it goes.

Thanks Glenn
Much appreciated

I did notice a couple more errors related to this issue on your account. We’re looking into this.