Posting general receipts and payments

Hi

I want to use this as we have two companies I use Sage for our main company but my poss also has another account which is VAT registed (not many transactions)

How the hell do you just post say a payment (no purchase invoice) and code to correct nominal code and TAX, also receipts not for invoices, and also code and use correct tax code?

Surely you do not have to create a puchase and and invoice.

All I want to do for instance is post say £20.00 as a bank payment with a T2 (exempt)

I also have bank changes and other things that would be a T9 (out for the scope.

Help please

With QuickFile any payment you want to record VAT against would need to be attributed to an invoice. Creating invoices however is very simple and will provide a great deal more information in your accounts, which is required to support your VAT calculations.

If you’re looking for the simplest means of entry, just locate the payment on the bank and tag as a supplier payment from there, QuickFile will create the backing invoice for you and mark it as paid.

Thank you does it do the same with receipts, ie we receive rent for a propety but there is no invoice

If there’s no VAT implication at all then you can simply post directly to a nominal code straight from the bank.