Setup an opening client credit balance

Hi, I am just transferring over to Quickfiles from Sage and have imported my supplier details. I have a supplier who we have a credit balance with however an not able to enter a negative opening balance. I have tried creating a credit note for the supplier however have been unable to do this without also having to allocate this to a physical bank payment. Can you please advice me how I can add a supplier with a credit opening balance. Thank you.

For credits on account you would typically enter these as prepayments from the client detail screen.

You would still need to deposit to a bank account, however you can mark the date for the payment to pre-date your financial year. This will obviously affect your bank balance so when you setup your opening bank balance, simply adjust it by the amount of the credit.

Once you save that credit, it will be visible on the client detail screen and it will also be available under the “Log a payment” dialogue box for future invoices.

Hope that makes sense, please let me know if you’d like any further clarification.

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.