SMTP settings are deactivated

Hi, i’ve just received a “SMTP settings are deactivated” email, to the address that it says is failing!

“Email: myemailaddress Error: Mailbox unavailable. The server response was: No such user here”

I am receiving them though?

Hi @unclechunk

If the SMTP server is returning “No such user here”, it’s because the server it’s trying to connect to doesn’t recognise your email address.

Check all your details are correct on the SMTP settings page (Account Settings > 3rd Party Integration > SMTP Settings), also check that the send address matches the one you are connecting to, and retry it. If you’re still seeing the error, I would check with your mail server provider

But I am receiving the emails?
I haven’t changed any settings in QF or on my server, and i’m the mail server provider, its my server.

Hi @unclechunk

The error “No such user here” is the one returned to QuickFile by your mail server when we try to connect. Are you able to check access or error logs at all and see if anything’s being reported your end?

Can’t see anything obvious in the logs.
I’ve enabled detailed logs now to see if it pulls anything up.
I have just reactivated the email again and will send a test to see what happens.

I presume this is resolved now as the SMTP on your account seems to be working fine?

Must have been a temporary glitch?

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.