The ability to "hide" QuickFile Invoice numbers

Hi.
Thanks for saving my business. :grinning:

I use a separate system for creating and managing my invoices (PC Repair Tracker), which generates its own invoice numbers.
Consequently, I ignore the invoice numbers generated by Quickfile, or have to delete them.

I appreciate they are an intrinsic part of the Quickfile system, but is it possible to ā€œhideā€ that field from view ?
Note, I mean from the spreadsheet system, not the reporting / printing layouts.

You will see an option to hide the invoice number in the invoice customisation screen here:

You could also use the CSS editor and applying the following style, this will hide the invoice number row in the table:

.tr-invoice-details-invno{
    display:none;
}

There are some general guidance notes on the CSS editor here.

Why do you ignore the Quickfile invoice numbers? I would assume that as you want to ignore them that you must use Quickfile for invoicing so what do you do with your Quickfile invoices?

Hi.
Invoice and receipt creation are performed via another program called ā€œPC Repair Trackerā€. This is a bespoke system for Computer Repair technicians which incorporate stock control, a customer database, mileage calculation and lots of other stuff.

What is PCRT doesnā€™t do, however, is take the financial data and ā€œsentenceā€ it into designated subjects, which Quickfile does brilliantly.

Whenever I enter a sale in QF, I have to enter the invoice number (created by PCRT) manually, and delete the one created by QF. A little clunky perhaps, but its working well for me.

Oh for an integrating API to link both progs. Hay Ho.

We do have an API here, it may be worth taking a look.

It is unlikely that we would develop this integration internally, but you should be able to use some of the common invoicing methods to link the systems together.

Assuming the ones created by PCRT are sequential why canā€™t you get Quickfile to follow the same numbering scheme?

First off. Thanks for replying :wink:

Secondly, I appreciate what I am suggesting is ā€œbespokeā€, and an awkward method of working.

I wish I could use QF for all the accounting, but PCRT is just too functional for me to abandon.

Synchronising the two systems is a non starter, as keeping the two syncā€™d would be awkward at best.

Bottom line :
It would be great if I could EDIT the invoice number created by QF, to that created by PCRT

Example. QF has an invoice #000157 (Ā£40 to Mr Smith)
Iā€™d like to edit that number to #1680

Possible ? :flushed:

Very possible. When you create the invoice, just enter the number in the top right

1 Like

No probs, just trying to apply some idle out of the box thinking, sometimes there are reasonably simple workarounds to things.

I would probably agree with this, arbitrarily adding invoices to QF and editing the invoice numbers as required as per the post above from @Parker1090 would probably be the easiest way (without using the API). This also means you can easily track matching transactions between the 2 systems, rather than ignoring the QF invoice numbering altogether.

Ahā€¦ now to the crux of the matter :grinning:

Can I edit a QF invoice number,ā€¦ which has already been created !
(If someone says yes, then I will have their babies :flushed:)

Ha. Gotcha !

When I import my bank statement sales, it automatically creates the invoice.
I donā€™t have the option of editing the invoice number.

Again guys, cheers.

Iā€™m pretty sure you can.

Bank tagging will auto-set the invoice number for you but it will increment from the last invoice number on the system.

You can always edit the number for previously issued invoices providing they arenā€™t reconciled into a VAT return or locked accounting period.

Thanks Glenn.
Soā€¦ how do I edit an Invoice Number already on the system ?

I would guess, view the invoice, click modify, then change the invoice number and hit save.

Oh ffs !

Surely it cant have been that easy !!! :grinning:

Thats it. Iā€™m a happy bunny rabbit.

I can now go through my PCRT Sales Invoices, and amend the invoice numbers within QF to match.

Excellente.
Iā€™d like to thank Glenn, Parker1090 and finally Lurch for their assistance here with my issue.

Iā€™d like to point out that I actually paid for the power user subscription. Not because of the additional features, but because QF helped pull my biz out of the rocks. Thanks.

2 Likes