The iPhone Recepits app not available in Polish AppStore

Would you please make it available in the Polish store so that Polish customers can use it?

As QuickFile only support UK based companies at this time we have limited the availability of our App to UK based users.

Glenn, I’m afraid you are operating under a false assumption here.

My two companies are registered in the UK but I live in Poland — as so many Polish people (still) do :slight_smile:

Therefore, my iTunes account is a Polish one — which means I can’t download your valuable app, even though my companies do fall under your target market definition.

You have translated the interface and enabled PLN as a currency to accommodate UK-registerd companies operated by Polish nationals, so why not just flip the switch and make the app available — if that’s not going to cause too much extra trouble.

Thank you for considering this.

I think the only reservation here is potentially marketing a product to a demographic that we are largely unable to support. I do however acknowledge that there are individuals in Poland and elsewhere in Europe who are managing UK based companies with QuickFile, and that’s fine. We were just reluctant to lead people into QuickFile via the app when we are unable to fully support them.

Anyway let me dig a bit deeper here and see what we can do, I’ll get back to you on this.

Glenn, I fully appreciate your position. It’s no good to attract people you cannot serve.

I think the solution might be to openly manage people’s expectations, e.g., by clearly stating in the app description that you are ONLY able to support UK-based companies. That could be reinforced by adding a dialog on initial app startup ‘Are you a UK-based company?’. If a user clicks ‘No’, they would be given an appropriate message and the app wouldn’t start.

If you wanted to go further, you might consider including a link to a trusted accounting company who could help with UK company formation questions. Or just to a UK government site.

Just to let you know, we’ve updated our Apple account to make the QuickFile app available in Poland.

I’m not sure how long it takes before it becomes visible but I would expect within 24 hours.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.