Unable to map HSBC CSV statement

I followed the steps to upload hsbc csv bank statement, but this message appears
We are having some problems mapping your file
What do I do now?

Hi @Freefly

If selecting “HSBC” from the bank list doesn’t work. You can try the “other” option and map the columns yourself.

If you wish, you’re welcome to send me a private message (click my name and then click ‘Message’) and upload a copy of the CSV file. That way I’ll compare it to an example and see if there are any errors in your file.

Hope that helps!

Hello Mathew @QFMathew

I am having the same issue - csv files have worked perfectly in the past? has something changed?

If not how can I sort the issue (map the file manually?) as VAT return is due soon :frowning:

Hi @Andy711,

Have you tried selecting the ‘other’ option from the drop don to map the columns yourself?

Just tried that and it worked but put all the transactions as income

Then selected 2 cols for income and expenditure - mapped and got the error message (problem mapping file)?

Hi @Andy711,

That is strange, I’ll send you a private message now so that you can send us a copy of the file, it may have something to do with the file itself. Look out for the notification by your Avatar in the top right corner.