UPDATES: Missing Document Scans

I have read the report from Quickfile confirming that a Quickfile employee had
deleted the receipt records by accident on the 22nd March and I have checked our accounts and records as far back as March 2013 (1 year ago) are missing!!!

This is obviously a major issue to have a years worth of accounts receipts missing. I have read the advise about resending the emails to "receipts@quickfile.co.uk" and the computer will reattach! HOW FAR BACK DO WE NEED TO GO???

@drew1 I would recommend you go as far back as is convenient without expending a great deal of time on this. You can usually bulk forward all mails back to receipts@quickfile.co.uk but I would only go back a couple quarters. As long as larger receipts can be evidenced if required it is not essential that they reside on Quick File. Our matching tool will be able to link up the items you bring back into the Receipt Hub back to where they were. If you need any help please don’t hesitate to contact us. Once again I am sorry for the inconvenience, we are doing whatever we can to help users with this issue.

@alphapanda individually emailing the receipts from the iPhone app will not work with our auto-matching tool. Please hang fire on this, we’re going to try to work with our iOS developer to add a re-sync button in the iOS app. This will push all the receipts over in one go. We can then automatically match them to where they were previously tagged.

@Saf I will look at your account in a second to see what’s going on, I’ll probably PM you for more details.

Hi, I attach my copy Invoices by uploading from files set in individual company names from my computer I have not used the Receipt Hub, is there a quick way I can replace my lost copies? Many thanks

@accountsdept were you attaching them directly to the purchase invoices? If this is the case uploading them to the Receipt Hub will allow us to re-attach them as they were before. Do you have a Dropbox account? If so you can link this to Quick File and copy all the files into the Quick File Receipts Dropbox folder and they will gradually stream into the Receipt Hub in an untagged state. Once all the files are there then let me know and I can get them all matched as they were before.

Yes they were attached directly to the purchase invoice. We have no Dropbox account. Sadly there are
quite a few that would need to be done, is there a time limit? Or can I just copy the folder into Receipt Hub or
as individual Invoices. Many thanks for your help.

@accountsdept there’s no time limit. I would say just put all the files in a zip folder and email it us but the limit on file size attachments will not make this possible. If you can just put them in a zip folder for now I will do some research to see what the easiest way is to get these over to me. We can probably use a secure online service where you can upload them and I can then retrieve and restore to your account.

I will try to do the smaller suppliers day by day as I input more and leave the most used until you have done some more research.

@accountsdept I don’t want any of this to inconvenience you. If you want feel free to upload the zip to the document manager using the instructions here. If you decide to do this let me know and I will do the rest for you.

I have created a new request topic, suggesting a change to how DropBox files are handled.

The problem i have at the moment is that a lot of the receipts on QuickFile were downloaded directly from supplier websites (such as Telephone Bills, etc), and saved into the QuickFile folder on dropbox - many of these can not be replaced, as the supplier has removed them from their website (they are over 6 months old, etc.).

If it was possible for DropBox to move imported files into another folder, rather than delete them, that IMHO would be better.

@Helpquick we are implementing the additional feature to DropBox for retention of backups in a few days, I will post relevant updates to your feature suggestion post. Regarding historic receipts, I would say as long as you are able to evidence these in the unlikely event they are required you should be fine.

The files you can easily get back into the Receipt Hub untagged we can easily match up to where they were before based on the filename and size. So you can bulk forward to receipts@quickfile.co.uk or undelete the files in the Dropbox folder (works for the last 30 days). Otherwise I would not expend a huge amount of time manually picking out documents for re-upload.

@Helpquick The Dropbox integration now retains all imported files. See here for more details.

I have managed to auto re-tag some of my receipts however around 67 remain untagged and cannot find original purchases? do I need to re-tag these manually? my acc no is 6131415329

Many thanks

Will look into this for you @Rob, should be back to you in 1-2 hrs.

Glenn

I have at least one client where QF has lost all the receipts not just those in the past 30 days. My bookkeeper has spend 10 hours at my cost so far retrieving data.

QF need to help us with this, your note regarding the loss of data due to an error is causing great cost and embarrassment with my clients.

A number of months ago I signed up to Affinity and committed to QF as being my preferred cloud provider of accounting software. I find it amazing the only communication QF made on this major breakdown was by way of note when viewing documents.

We now have to complete a review of all our clients accounts who’s going to pay for this?

Can somebody call me as a matter of urgency Monday 31st March.

@NiallO_Driscoll I apologise for what happened on Friday 21st. We have done a great deal over the last week and a half to ensure this can never happen again. We’ve also implemented a tool for auto-matching receipts, so as long as you can get them back into the Receipt Hub we can do the rest.

To provide a greater degree of transparency we have now implemented a full schedule of the backups that we capture and retain. This is publicly visible to all users from the link below.

http://www.quickfile.co.uk/resources/backups.aspx

I shall call you on Monday to discuss further.

We have tried to retag out items but when we look in the document manager for the date range specified it is telling us there are no documents to view.
How can this be?
I am really upset that we have lost all our scanned documents, luckily we kept the originals but if we cannot retag those already scanned I do not relish the thought of having to re-scan all of the receipts for this accounting period again.

@essjaybee69 I see you have more than one account, I’ll PM you for further details.

Is there a way to list all missing files- some sort of global tagging? I seem to have lost every receipt, rather than just 30 days’ worth, so this will take me a long time to put right and I want to make sure I do it correctly. Unfortunately the Dropbox-delete function means I think some receipts may have been lost altogether.

@simon_powell I can provide you with a list of all missing files for your account. The Dropbox undelete will go back 30 days, you can also provide us with a zip file of all the originals and we’ll do the rest for you.

I will send you a PM to get more info on your account.