Attach Documents to Client or Supplier Cards

This would be a fantastic feature!!
Voted!

Weā€™ve now started planning this feature, weā€™ll provide further updates shortly.

2 Likes

I am pleased to say that weā€™ve now introduced the ability to attach files to client and supplier cards.

Within your client or supplier detail screen you will now see a panel showing the number of attached files, along with a count of all existing direct invoice, receipt or estimate attachments.

Clicking either of these numbers will open a modal box, highlighting the appropriate tab.

You will be able to drag your relevant files directly into the modal box under the left hand Supplier / Client Files tab. These files will then be grouped to that Supplier / Client for convenient access later.

At the moment there is a limit of 50 files in the viewable list, we are however implemnting further updates next week to allow for greater numbers of files to be stored and accessed here.

Thank you for your patience, and please feel free to provide any feedback that you think may improve this feature.

3 Likes

I think the new option to attach files/documents to both supplier and customers on the new FILE ATTACHMENT section is excellent.

Is it also possible to include copies of the letters sent to customer (held on the QF letter system). If the historic letters canā€™t be included, can newly created customer letters be automatically included?

Look forward to hearing from you on this suggestion.

Alternatively, is it possible to add a search facility within the ā€˜My Lettersā€™ section?

Thank you.

1 Like

I agree this would be a great benefit or to be able to search from the letter itself!

Hi @mickrich, @Rex

Would you mind starting a new feature request for this please and we can track the interest in that? Iā€™m just afraid your suggestion may get lost in this thread (which is due to be locked in the next few weeks).

Is there a limit to the number of files that can be attached? Also is there an api for this feature so that documents can be uploaded from third party software.

Thanks

There is a Document_Upload API that lets you attach documents to sales or purchase invoices, but I donā€™t think itā€™s yet been extended to cover client/supplier-level attachments.

This topic was automatically closed after 82 days. New replies are no longer allowed.