Automated overdue reminder not appearing?

One of my invoices became overdue five days ago. I signed in, expecting to see your red banner thus, as it says at http://help.quickfile.co.uk/main/1/automated_overdue_invoice_reminders.htm

but there was no red banner.

I had to send the customer a reminder by hand. That worked fine and appears in my dashboard log.

The red banner is useful. Why doesn’t it appear?

I checked Credit Control Settings and that is Enabled.

Grateful for any help.

This setting is not retroactive so if you’ve just turned it on it won’t flag up previously issued invoices.

Do you have a specific invoice number you want me to look at?

Thanks for following up.

I have not just turned it on. As far as I can recall I have never changed it. The documentation says it is enabled by default, hence my surprise that I didn’t get the reminder.

Please do have a look. I only have one overdue invoice, and that’s the one.

It does look like the reminder was sent and you don’t have auto-send switched on right now, so I’m presuming it was manually sent a couple of days ago, or perhaps auto-send was switched on at the time?

That’s the reminder I sent by hand. The thing I don’t understand is why the dashboard doesn’t show me what I posted above, the red reminder hanging off “Sales”.

I’m also surprised you say I have auto-send switched off. I have not knowingly switched anything off. Where do I check and change that?

Hi,

Go to Account Settings (on the Dashboard) → All Settings → Automated invoice reminders

The highlighted area is where you check to see if the auto-send is enabled or disabled.

Hope this helps.

1 Like

Auto-send is switched off by default as a precaution. This is to prevent the system churning through all your invoices and sending reminders on every overdue invoice, even though they may not actually be overdue, i.e. when you haven’t brought your bookkeeping up to date.

When in manual mode you will get the red prompts on the dashboard that you mention in your opening post.

Thanks Karen, I hadn’t spotted auto-send before. That clears up auto-send.

Glenn, I’m still not seeing the red prompts in my dashboard. My original question still stands: why aren’t I seeing the red prompts when I have one invoice several days overdue?

You mentioned that there was only one invoice overdue in your account, the reminder for that invoice has already gone (sent 3 days ago), so there wouldn’t be any prompt appearing now.

I see, I understand that. I don’t understand why I didn’t see it BEFORE I manually sent the reminder. That was my original question and it still stands.

As the item has been processed it would be hard to say without forensically going over the server logs and tracing your actions. All I can say is if it happens again, come back here and post the details without actually sending the reminder.

I’ve not heard of any other reports of missing reminders but will certainly look into this further if it is reported elsewhere.

Hi @Glenn,

I’m having a similar issue, although the red banner shows for 9 overdue invoices that I’m aware of (and dealing with in other ways), but a new overdue invoice isn’t being added to the list to send the reminder.

I’ve checked the schedules and it all appears that reminder one should have been added to the red banner list (as number 10) today, but it hasn’t. It’s Invoice 000065 if you wanted to take a look.

Cheers,
Will

Can you check back tomorrow please and let me know if it’s still not on the list?

You have the first reminder triggered on 1 day. I understand however it works on 1 clear day. I.e. if it’s due on the 2nd it takes it as due by the end of the 2nd (23:59:59) and adds a clear day to that date and time. I would therefore expect it to appear on the list tomorrow morning.

Hey @Glenn,

Yup, that was it :smiley:
Makes sense in hindsight.

Thanks,
Will

1 Like