Bank statement notes not included in CSV

I’m having a technical issue with Quickfile from beginning of the month. I have my all bank transactions tagged, but when I export the data from bank account, the column NOTES is blank and does nto contain invoices/purchases refference number.

Is there any way to fix this?
Thanks,
Steef

When you expand the notes section on the bank statement view, do you actually have any notes saved against the transactions? I couldn’t see any on your account.

When you export to CSV the notes column will include the inline notes saved here.

SOrry, I didn’t explain it properly. Before, when I exported the bank statement, there was a column called NOTES where the invoice/purchase numbers were, such as “QF123456789”. But when I export the bank statement now, it is empty.

And back to your question, yes, the notes (such as QF123456) used to be there up to February, but they are not there from March. Did you change the settings?

We haven’t made any changes here, we have also never automatically populated the notes on the bank statement when tagging. The notes that are associated with bank entries are only ever manually added by clicking that little yellow icon in my previous screenshot.

The notes you refer to however would likely appear on your sales and purchase ledger views and would come down in the CSV.

But before, it used to appear on the csv export of the bank statement (see attached). But from March it stopped appearing from all of sudden. You can see it in our account that there were notes up to February and since March they are not.

And I didnt write the notes before, it was filled there automatically.

I’m sorry I wasn’t actually aware that these invoice numbers were getting appended to the notes in the first place (I’ve modified my last post accordingly). I would need to refer this to a developer to look at further as it could be some reversion in the code.

As soon as I know more I shall update you.

Hi Glenn, are there any news re the below? We have an end of accounting year approaching so would be nice to have this bug fixed.

Yes I’m sorry for the delay here. Having checked with an engineer I discovered the updating of notes was suspended due to some performance issues. This is an extremely large table (+40 million records) and the negative performance implications and space requirements made it unfeasible to continue updating notes like this. Within the web application you can already see any invoice allocations by clicking on the “Tagged” button.

Was there a particular reason you needed to download all the bank entries to CSV? Perhaps I can suggest an alternative report?

Oh, what a bad news. I needed it because auditor requires us to prepare the so called cash-book. It is the list of all transactions from the bank statement, broken down to net value, VAT, total value as well as the transaction tag such as General Sales and so on.

Basically, it looks like this:

Date Bank statement reference Money VAT in Net in TAG
25/3 Client XY £1,200 £200 £1000 General Sales

Is there any way how to get this from Quickfile? I used the NOTES for a few vlookups which put all required data together.

Have you tried going into Sales >> Payments and also Purchases >> Payment? This will reveal all payments made against invoices for a chosen period. You can then export that to CSV and it will include a comma separated list of all the invoice for which the payments were allocated.