Website Outage - 19th October

When you say it depends on your ISP… what does that mean I have an excellent signal but still cant get QF to load. Is there something else I should be dloing?

Cheers
Rab

The DNS settings (which tells your computer where our website lives) are usually remembered by your internet provider to prevent them requesting it over and over again, which can be for a time of 24 hours or more. Until this updates, you won’t be able to access the site.

So there is nothing I can do?

Rab

You could try flushing your DNS (there’s a guide here), however I can’t guarentee this would work. This would only affect your local computer, so if the DNS is saved elsewhere, such as with your internet provider, then this won’t make much of a difference unfortunately.

All you can do is wait. QuickFile has moved its servers to a different set of IP addresses, but DNS servers are allowed to cache name-to-address mappings for a certain amount of time before checking back with the master server to see if anything has changed. This is by design, as it massively reduces the load on the master servers (the internet simply wouldn’t work at all without it), but it does mean that when things change it can take time for everyone else to catch up.

The equivalent for Mac users is Reset the DNS cache in OS X - Apple Support (BH)

1 Like

I’ve added a host entry. I couldn’t wait for propagation.

You say that some people can get access to their accounts, but I still can’t get anything. When I try to log in it says “No account with this email could be located”

Please can you tell me how to do this?

Hi Guys, I flushed my DNS and I am up and running again. Many thanks for all your hard work. Hope you can relax now!!

TrishG Music

1 Like

The flush DNS method is better, try that first.

I have tried it several time and on different computers and it didnt work.

I’ve managed to log in but my paypal feed is not working?

Hi @Paulwk1972

Services are being restored. We’re playing a bit of catch up at the moment dealing with a back log. Please bear with us, and it will be fully operational shortly.

Thanks for all of your hard work guys, all up and running again. Time to catch up.

Still nothing working here…

Gone again. Managed 1 invoice. will try again later.

Well that was short lived… Back down again. Guess I’ll give it another 24 hours and see what happens…

The work is piling up here… I’m not amused now…

Hi @David_Colley

Have you tried flushing your DNS as per the posts above? This is working for some users. If it doesn’t work, unfortunately the issue lies with your internet provider at the moment.

Access has been restored, but it takes some time for this to be updated throughout the internet. @ian_roberts explained it above:

1 Like