Website Outage - 19th October

My thanks to the Quick File team.
That must have been a horrible time. I greatly appreciate all that has been done.

I do wish people could find useful ways of applying their knowledge other than crime.
Just get a job for goodness sake …

1 Like

I just wanted to add, amongst the thanks from other users, that as a small business you provide an extremely competitive service and I for one would be more than happy to see a small rise in the cost in order to cover your expenses both in using the Cloudflare servers and other security measures you will feel need to be put in place in future. I don’t know how many paying users you have, but a couple of pounds more would still make your service fantastic value and if it helps to protect (us as well as) you then a price well worth paying.

5 Likes

I was keeping an eye on this but didn’t join in during the chaos. I was trying to set up a couple of new accounts over the weekend and managed to blag my way through it with the clients so they didn’t notice the dDOSing!

As always, a top job of handling everything by @Glenn, @QFMathew and the rest of the team.

The owners of the botnets doing the attacking have jobs running the botnet, and are paid much more than any of us will ever see!

2 Likes