Website Outage - 19th October

I totally agree with infinity4372’s comments above. Our business revolves around Quickfile and we certainly missed it yesterday. Thank you for all the hard work you have put in to sorting this issue. It has been very much appreciated. Also, you have kept us informed as much as you can and that too has been very professional!

2 Likes

Cool. Good stuff.

So when will the email be back online? Does this also apply for those, like us, who use external SMTP?

Hi. I didn’t notice this until late on 19th.
Just tried to log in. i can log into one of my client account however i tried my own and couple of other clients and cant log on.
The message is that the website is taking too long to respond and times out.
Is the issue still on going?

Thanks

Firstly, thanks guys you guys are doing a great job of keeping us informed and getting the service restored, I can get back in and just about everything is working as expected - sterling job!

@QFMathew - a quick question about the mail server still being unavailable - will ‘sent’ emails be queued and sent as soon as the server is back up, or should they be resent? I notice they are marked as ‘New’ in the Sent Email Log, but not sure if they will be processed when possible.

JB @
Symanix Hosing

So… This explains why my clients couldn’t get on yesterday

Still nada :frowning: really need to get back on.
Hope you manage to get things squared away soon as i really really would like for people to pay their bills :innocent:

2 Likes

Was logged on for 30 minutes this morning. But now unaccessible again. Am sure it’s already been flagged up but just check whether there is going to be rolling blackouts or whether another DDOS is taking place?

As an accountant , i regularly just log in and have a look around,with no particular task in mind.
I just realised how much i miss my QF account.
All the best QF team, bring back our favorite cloud software back to us soon :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Still cant access my account and need to do my accounts for my VAT return this month. I hope it is fixed soon. Any idea on time frame? I don’t want a late VAT fine!

Also regarding the mail server, I’ve sent several receipt attachments to receipts@quickfile.co.uk since yesterday morning, will these get delivered as normal when things are back up or should I expect to have to send them again?

Any emails that have been sent from QuickFile (e.g. to a client) will now be backlogged and processed.

@ian_roberts - if they haven’t bounced back, they should be pending.

@Marcus_West - Please see the posts above. Everything is back online, but the exact timeframe for you individually depends on a number of factors, including your internet provider.

When you say it depends on your ISP… what does that mean I have an excellent signal but still cant get QF to load. Is there something else I should be dloing?

Cheers
Rab

The DNS settings (which tells your computer where our website lives) are usually remembered by your internet provider to prevent them requesting it over and over again, which can be for a time of 24 hours or more. Until this updates, you won’t be able to access the site.

So there is nothing I can do?

Rab

You could try flushing your DNS (there’s a guide here), however I can’t guarentee this would work. This would only affect your local computer, so if the DNS is saved elsewhere, such as with your internet provider, then this won’t make much of a difference unfortunately.

All you can do is wait. QuickFile has moved its servers to a different set of IP addresses, but DNS servers are allowed to cache name-to-address mappings for a certain amount of time before checking back with the master server to see if anything has changed. This is by design, as it massively reduces the load on the master servers (the internet simply wouldn’t work at all without it), but it does mean that when things change it can take time for everyone else to catch up.

The equivalent for Mac users is Reset the DNS cache in OS X - Apple Support (BH)

1 Like

I’ve added a host entry. I couldn’t wait for propagation.

You say that some people can get access to their accounts, but I still can’t get anything. When I try to log in it says “No account with this email could be located”

Please can you tell me how to do this?

Hi Guys, I flushed my DNS and I am up and running again. Many thanks for all your hard work. Hope you can relax now!!

TrishG Music

1 Like