Access to account (Power User Subscription required)

Hi,

I’ve spent quite a lot of time entering my accounts into Quickfile and experimenting with the various features, submitting different entries. When I tried to login today, my account has been Pay-Walled, blocking me from viewing any of the information that I’ve entered!

I’ve never experienced having an account locked in this way. Usually, when there’s a free trial, i would expect certain features to be blocked once you reach a limit but I certainly never anticipated having all of my information held to ransom in this way, otherwise I would never have spent the time entering it. I think Quickbooks looks like a good product but as I’ve only just begun using it, I’m not decided if I want a ‘Large or Extra Large’ account.

Could I please have access to my account again so that I can delete any unnecessary entries? I’ll then consider whether I’d like to pay the annual subscription charge.

Thank you

Hi @william1

It would prompt you for a free trial which would allow you to gain access.

We won’t (and never will) lock anyone out of their accounts. I’ve just enabled the free trial for you, so you now have access to your account for 7 days before you are prompted for payment again.

I hope that helps, but if you do need anything else, please let me know - we’re more than happy to help.

For reference, the deferal option is on the payment screen:

Thank you for your quick response.

When you say: ‘you now have access to your account for 7 days before you are prompted for payment again.’, does that mean that after 7 days, I won’t be able to access my accounts at all until I pay up, or will I be able to login and view the information that I’ve entered but not be able to edit anything?

If I delete all unnecessary entries, reducing the total to less that 1000, will I be able to access my account without being on a 7 day Power Subscription Trial?

Thanks

Once the trial expires, you won’t be able to access your account, but as part of the trial you can now export and back up data as you wish.

Of course! Providing your account is under the 1,000 limit in a rolling 12 month period then you won’t need to the Power User Subscription. You can check your account size too - check out this guide.

But we certainly won’t hold your data at ransom - if you need help, then we’re more than happy to see what we can do :slight_smile:

Ok thank you for clarifying that and apologies for using the term ‘ransom’. It was just frustrating being locked out. I can see you all put a lot of time into answering queries and Quickfile seems very well designed. I’d be happy to pay for it in the future. Cheers

2 Likes

I am in the same position as William and have entered lots of historic data in a short period of time.
I would like to be able to check my account size and look at the nominal spread to see why it has now become a Large account.
As I understand it the only way to go and now check your account size is

1. you have to accept the power subscription
  2. you can either pay now or in 7 days (defer)
  3. If you defer you are on a power subscription trial and you can either delete nominal transactions to bring you back to medium or export the data for use somewhere else. If you are still large at the end of the 7 days you then pay or abandon your data.

Is that correct?
Thanks

The 7 day deferment options is a default period to allow people time to review their account and make any adjustments if needed.

We are more than happy to extend this should you require any more time (just send a private message to me or @QFMathew). We’d also assist on backing up data or advising on restructuring the account if required.

The guide here will show how to obtain a report on your account size.

Many thanks Glen. I am helping a small CIC set up proper records and I was alarmed that I may have to advise them about a bill before they have even used the system for current data.

Is there a reason why the nominal count is on entered date rather than transaction date?

I have suggested the local Church may want to use Quickfile and they could load last years’ accounts in for completeness but they will run into the same issue of size if we put all the transactions in at once.

Hi @Mary

Are the local church a charity? We do offer a 50% discount for charities

We decided on transaction date as it’s closer reflection to the actual usage of the account and ties in with our own overheads in terms of bandwidth and activity. This is also the same formula we’ve being using for Affinity since 2013 to measure account size.

They don’t have their own registration as they fall under the United Reform Church registration but yes they are a charity in that they are entitled to claim gift aid.
I shall pass the information onto them and get them to contact you when the account gets to the large size.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.