Adding additional columns to the invoice lines

Is the code simply for referencing, or bank tagging, or a client reference (e.g. a purchase order number)? I’m just trying to understand the reasoning behind it and how often this code would change.

Do you currently use the item column? If not, could you use this? It doesn’t need to tie into the sales inventory, it can be used on it’s own and would be shown on the invoice too.

p.s. I’m not Glenn :wink:

Yes we need it to allocate a reference code for each individual item.

Currently we use the item field for the Date as each entry has a different date.

As we need to seach for the date and for the code seperately we can only have two seperate columns.

So if there is no additonal column available will have the Date and the code in the same column… confusion would then previal when looking at the sales inventory.

========================================================================

Has there been any further news on updating this feature within QF. ?

Is there currently any way to add another column to invoices. I have found this old thread, but nothing since. I need to add a date field as I often invoice for a whole month. Thank in advance.

1 Like

Hi @Sally_Bush

There isn’t a way to do this, but you could re-purpose an existing column. For example, do you use the “Item” column at the moment?

Hi. Thanks, I would like to change the name of the item column. Please can you advise how to do this? However I also need another column too. It seems that quite a lot of people have requested this. Is it not something you could supply?

Unfortunately it’s not just as simple as adding another column - there would be quite a bit work involved behind the scenes. But you’re more than welcome to add your vote to this request by clicking the “Vote” button at the top of the page.

We have a guide on this in our knowledgebase: CSS transformations. If you have any further questions however, please don’t hesitate to start a new thread and we’ll try our best to help.

Adding to this FR - as we also rent equipment, we would like an additional column to show time as well as qty for example we rent 2 computers for 3 weeks
We already use items columns for revenue analysis.

Thanks

1 Like

Well this is an issue which does seem to go beyond the IT capabilities of QF.
From a programming perspective it does not seem hugely problematic but i guess balancing that against the other functionality on QF has limited the scope and therefore the capacity of QF to include very basic changes…even after 3 years…hmm.

Following as we also need a column adding, Service Date, just came from Quick Books who had this feature and now missing it.

1 Like

Hi @whiteleyevents

Do you use the “Item” column on the invoice? If not, you could rename this and repurpose the column.

Just let us know if you need any help with this.

If that doesn’t work, please make sure you click “Vote” at the top of the thread to ensure your vote is counted for this request.

Hi, that could work, do I need to upgrade to do this?

.transform-itemHead_01{
content: “Service Date”;

Hello @whiteleyevents

No, You can amend the CSS of a sales invoice without a subscription

https://support.quickfile.co.uk/t/10-basic-css-tricks-for-styling-your-invoices/8835

https://support.quickfile.co.uk/t/css-transformations/8878

This is such a basic issue which is simply been left out of your development. :unamused:

Im not a coder or anything by a long way but I would think if it was so easy everyone would be making software. This request has only two votes? If its just for looking at invoices, assuming your case hasn’t changed since your post in 2017 maybe just using project tags would work?

1 Like

sure enough 100% correct but not to have the “edit” function on what is effectively an excel formatted form seems GCSE level stuff and i am not a coder either.

have you given up making your platform more user friendly ? as this has simply been left since 2017.

Hi @CanterburyTaxis

Not at all, but generally the feedback we receive from users is that our platform is user friendly.

Apart from adding an additional column, is there anything else you find to be not user friendly? You’re welcome to start another Feature Request if you feel improvements can be made elsewhere. We do take feedback on board, and are actively working on features that have been requested.

We wish it was as simple as this, but unfortunately it’s not. There’s a lot to consider in the background when changing something as simple as this, from the interface, the database, the conditional logic, the formatting, the API, and so on.

All I can suggest for the moment is for anyone interested in this feature to click “Vote” button at the top of this thread to ensure their interest is counted.

Well basically that is a no from Quickfile in terms of that feature.
As mentioned this a basic feature which you have not bothered to integrate.
Quickfile did indeed start off with a simple interface with user friendly features.
However now we are actively looking to find another platform for the stagnant side of the development of the platform which this thread adequatley demonstrates.
Software has come a long way since 2017.

Definitely not a “no” - we actively monitor the many feature requests here on the forum.

Please rest assured that we are far from stagnant, with many features being implemented over the last 12 months, let alone the last few years. Admittedly, some of these can’t be seem visually as some ensure the platform continues to run as smooth as possible.

Features such as an updated user statement, purchase orders, client rebilling, reversing transaction imports, printing multiple invoices, journal attachments, recurring journals, new mobile apps for Android and iOS, just to name a few, have all been born as feature requests on this forum.

However, we also understand that we can’t be the platform for everyone.

I’m sorry to hear you’re looking for another platform, but I wish you all the best in your search. As mentioned, we do take on board any feedback our users gives us.

If there are any updates on this suggestion, we will, of course, update you here. Watch this space!

1 Like

4 posts were split to a new topic: Importing data into Xero