Advice needed on software

Hi, I am in need of some advice. I have been tasked by the business I work for to monitoring the payments it receives and making sure they tally up with what is expected to be received

To explain in more detail- the sales agent agrees a contract with a customer and it is submitted to a supplier. If accepted and depending on the supplier they may pay it in different ways to different schedules e.g. 50/70/80% initially with the rest at the end of the year or pay it in monthly instalments depending on if the customer pays the supplier.

What I am looking for is software where I can import details for contracts sold and what is expect to be paid in total and then whenever a payment is received from the supplier I can import that and it can match it to the relevant contract. Over the course of a year I can have visibility to see if we have been paid in total matches against what was expected and then query it if necessary with the supplier. Is this possible with Quickfile? If not can anyone provide any recommendations?

That is the main problem but what would also be a nice bonus is if this software was then able to calculate how much of that payment is to be paid as commission to the sales agent if I give it the criteria to do so but that would just be a luxury feature.

Thanks

Hi @ECCRonny

QuickFile should work for what you’re asking.

You would raise an invoice with the contract amount on it and then log the payments as they come in against the invoice - reducing the balance.

You could then see how much is left to be paid/whether the invoices have been paid in full.

As far as I am aware you wouldn’t be able to do this within QuickFile

Thanks for the reply Beth.

So a a couple of quick follow up questions. Am I able to import the details to create these invoices (supplier/reference/quantity/amount etc) via a srpreadsheet so the app can create the invoices in bulk automatically? I am having to go back 6 years and there are thousands of contracts to check on.

Also am i able to do the same for the payments and for them to be automatically allocated against the said invoice? We receive a statement from the supplier in a spreadsheet with the breakdown of what their payment is for.

Hi,

Here is a guide for how to import invoices:Importing sales and purchase invoices

You can import payments in bulk but you may need to manually tag these to the invoices

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.