Aged creditors/debtors report

Good Morning, I love your product! However your reporting packages are slightly disappointing.

All reports
Aged Debtors/Creditors
Dashboard is fine - however, it does not seem to take into account prepayments. i.e. those suppliers who are in credit - this could be an overpayment/credits/ etc.
Yes I understand the thinking, you don’t owe money - however, its misleading on the Balance side!
I do know that prepayments are printed on export, but a Dashboard is a Dashboard - need all payments taken into account (its a quick reference tool)!!
PLEASE PLEASE tweek this slightly, its a report that is used so often by all companies!
Would be useful if also
Reports
Creditors/Debtors
Prepayments were taken into account i.e. accounts sitting in credit balances
totals were added to this dashboard like the report in (ALL REPORTS)
I’m sure these are easy changes, reports are already there! Dashboards should contain all information that is relevent, TOTALS, PREPAYMENTS - this is your GO TO TOOL!
Even on export, yes we can add totals etc, but no-one wants to spent time formatting etc - it would make your software so much more loved! Thanks

Hello @LDA

Thank you for your suggestions.

While some of these report changes may seen easy on the front of it, they can be quite complex and consume resources in the background. That said, we’re always happy to listen to feedback and we can certainly take a look at how feasible changes are before making them.

Just to clarify -

You mention above this “Aged Debtors/Creditors”, but then mention dashboard. Which dashboard are you referring to (e.g. the main dashboard, supplier dashboard, etc)? Are you able to give me an example of the page itself please, such as a screenshot or web address (without any private information showing)? I just want to be sure we’re both on the same page

Hi Matthew, Not sure how to screen without others seeing info/or link

If you go to:
Reports
All reports
Under “Other Reports”
Debtors/Creditors Report
“Report” is fine - however, it does not seem to take into account prepayments. i.e. those suppliers who are in credit - this could be an overpayment/credits/ etc.
Yes I understand the thinking, you don’t owe money - however, its misleading on the Balance side!
I do know that prepayments are printed on export, but a Dashboard is a Dashboard - need all payments taken into account (its a quick reference tool)!!
PLEASE PLEASE tweek this slightly, its a report that is used so often by all companies!

Its just more useful as a dashboard/report page, that is shows Invoiced/Paid/Credits/Prepayments/Balance owing - so that you can print this off or make payments from.

Even if you go to:
Reports
Creditors Aged Report
This “report” or dashboard tool, shows no totals. Again Invoiced/Paid/Prepayments/Credits and Balance owing would be more useful - I have some Suppliers in Credit, however, if I done this, they don’t show under CR Balance. I know they are not owed money - however if you tweeked this, it would make the software so much sweeter, you would have my business away from Sage!

https://srsltd.quickfile.co.uk
you are welcome to login and see live data.

This has just cause a few email discussion and confusion with me and my accountant as the other Reports debtor creditor report at a specific date does not show prepayments at the date which means it does not match the debtors control account.

Please add the extra column to the other Reports debtor creditor report at a specific date. We really like quickfile other than that.

Hi @PFAccounts,

If you’d like to vote for this feature you can do so at the top of the page, you just need to click the vote box :slight_smile:

this issue has already been discussed here, and if i recall correctly, i don’t think QF can add this feature. (please correct me if I am wrong).

loads of people have already voted in the old thread for it.