Aged Debtors report

Continuing the discussion from Produce Aged Debtors & Aged Creditors showing any credit balances:

Re: It is always a crucial end of year accounts check to see a list of debtors (aged or not) that matches with the trial balance at that point in time. Most other systems produce this as a matter of course. Is there really no way to do this?

If you go to Reports > All Reports > Historical Debtor and Creditor Invoice Report

You can enter the date in question, and it will you any invoices (sales or purchases) that are outstanding at that point in time - regardless of whether they are overdue to not

Hope that helps?

I think the point is being missed. That will show the invoices but not credit balances etc.

It just seems like a very long winded way of getting what is a standard report on most systems. As an accountant I want to see a summary breakdown of the trade debtors or creditors figure at the year end. This includes Credit balances as well as invoices outstanding and even where some have been part paid.

This is a crucial test check to verify that the system is working correctly.

That report would show any sales or purchase invoices outstanding, including the balance outstanding (taking into account part payments), and also shows any pre-payments that currently sit on the account.

I don’t work for QuickFile, so there may be one or two little gems hidden that I’m not aware of. But from what you’ve posted, this report seems to offer this?

I can see a bit at the top which says prepayments; however, there does not appear to be a breakdown of those prepayments.

To view any prepayments, you can view a list of all those untagged (not assigned to an invoice).

Go to Sales > View Payments

Click on Advanced Search, and set type to ‘Unallocated’

In terms of an actual trial balance, please see @Glenn’s post here:

The unallocated payments does not seem to work historically. Therefore I cannot see a breakdown of the £2,731.82?

Hmm… I’m not sure on that one then sorry! But as I said, I don’t work for QuickFile - just a happy user.

@Glenn - do you have any suggestions on this one?

I’m afraid getting a historic breakdown on the prepayments isn’t supported right now. It is however something we hope to look at shortly.

Are there any other Accountants in the group which have a workaround for this problem?

We have several 1,000 profiles managed on Affinity, I’ve not seen it come up before as an issue on the forum. I’m not an accountant so not entirely sure what the workaround would entail.

I am happy to discuss this further with an engineer to see how easy it would be to break up that total.