Allocated an expense to the wrong account

I have allocated a payment made on my debit card (and debit card account) to the current account. How do I fix this, and it’s putting the reconciliation out. I cannot seem to be able to delete the transaction and re-do it

If you click on the ‘Tagged’ button, you can detag the transaction and then delete the line.

Unless the accounts are locked for the date the payment was made (i.e. if you’ve run your year-end) or it has been reconciled in a previously submitted VAT return (assuming you’re VAT registered) it should just be a case of clicking the link on the invoice preview to view the payment and deleting from there. Or you can do as @Parker1090 suggests and delete/untag from the bank.

Thank you all. Yes it is locked due to a VAT return being submitted. (There is no vat reclaimed on this transaction). Any ideas how to fix this ? Thank you

Have a look at this tool, if all you’re doing is moving it to a different code this will work:

http://community.quickfile.co.uk/t/bulk-change-incorrect-postings/4984

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.