Annual return - professional fees

Glenn

I have used professional fees nominal code for my annual return fee and realised the problem with this being placed in the add backs, as per this old thread Nominal Code 7603 - Professional Fees not deductible?

I will use sundry items in future, however I can I deal with transaction I entered which is now locked due to being included in a vat return?

Can I use a journal?

Rob

If you drill down into the “Professional Fees” ledger, you should be able to locate the entry for the annual return and re-code it to Sundry items.

Hi Glenn

Yes I see this, as there is no nominal code for Sundry expenses I have created it manually, however when I try to re-code the item my new nominal code is not showing as a selection even though it exists?

I created the new nominal code Sundry expenses as an overhead under sub category general expenses, is this correct?

Thanks

Rob

It comes up for me:

I just selected the ledger entry in the Professional Fees nominal account, hit the “Move to new code” button and it appears when typing in “sun”.

Hi Glenn

This must be a bug in Microsoft Edge browser as it doesn’t show up, I have moved it successfully using the Chrome browser.

Cheers

Rob

Hi @Rob

I’ve just tried this with another nominal code (didn’t actually move anything, just followed the steps to get as far as @Glenn’s screenshot). It seems to show up all OK in Edge for me.

It may have been down to your cache making it not appear. However, if it does happen again, please let me know and I’ll happily take another look for you.

I have tried this again after clearing the cache and it now appears, thank you for checking this out for me.

Rob

1 Like