Auto reply from suppliers not working - sometimes?

When I send a PO to some companies that have an automatic reply to orders, I don’t see the reply. If I attach the PO to my normal email and send from outlook I do get the auto response. Why does it not work when sent from Quickfile?

As with orders sent to customers, there is a green band that appears on the orders that have been opened, which is very helpful, would this be possible on PO’s sent so I know they have received them?

Hello @baldrick

Purchase orders work slightly different to the client side of QuickFile, in that there’s no supplier dashboard like there is a client one.

When you send a purchase order, it will be sent from "mail@quickfile.co.uk", with a reply-to set as your email address for the account, so it’s likely any auto-responders are being received by us rather than you, even though the “reply-to” is set to your address. You can change this by using your own SMTP server instead if you wish. There’s some more details here that may help.

As I mentioned above, there’s no supplier dashboard. For this reason, the POs are send as an attachment, so there isn’t a way for us to tell if they’ve viewed it or not.

There are two options here.

1. If you use your own SMTP server, you will receive any auto responses directly to you.

2. If you have a power user subscription, any emails we send are logged, and can be viewed by going to Account Settings >> All Settings >> Sent email log, which will also give you an indicator of whether or not the email has been opened (although the accuracy does vary from email provider to email provider).

I hope this helps.

Thank you, that does explain what has happened. I think I will download the PO and send from my outlook, at least to the companies that send auto replies. Great package though!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.