Automatic bank feed for RBS

Hi,

My client has three bank accounts setup in QF and would like an automatic feed on all of them. Is there any way of adding the automatic feed to the accounts already in QF?

Regards,

Bradley

Hi @bradleygleeson

We offer an automated bank feed for Barclay’s which can be added to any account. Simply make sure ‘Barclays’ is selected for that account by going to Settings on the bank statement view:

And select ‘Barclays’:

You will then see a blue box to set this up on the bank statement page:

There’s a guide to get started with this here:

With other banks, we don’t have automated feeds with them, but it may be worth taking a look at the Chrome plug in:

Hope that helps!

Hi,

Thank you. My client is with RBS…

Regards,

Bradley

The only option with RBS would be the Google Chrome plug in (linked to above). It’s not 100% automated as it requires a little bit of manual input, but it would save you copy and pasting or inputing your transactions

Ok.

So how do i do that? And can i add it onto a bank account in QuickFile or do i have to create a new bank account?

You can use it with an existing bank account set up on QuickFile.

There’s a how to guide here which will help you get started

I do not find the guide very helpful.

I managed to get the link on my personal account but it would only let me do it when creating a new bank account.

The chrome feed doesn’t run on QuickFile itself, but more of on the Internet banking pages.

You need to enable it on the account first of all and get an import key (as shown here)

Then when you visit the relevant banking page. You can either do this manually, or preferably visit the page using the plug in itself:

It will then prompt you to enter your settings (as shown here) and use the ‘Export to QuickFile’ button as per the guide.

I hope that clears it up for you, but if there are any particular areas you need help with, please let me know.

Just as a general point. RBS (like most UK banks) don’t provide any open gateway for obtaining feeds. The Open Banking Working Group (OBWG) are looking to change that, but it’s a slow process. Most banks don’t want to change and in the mean time we must rely on less user-friendly workarounds.

I would encourage anyone frustrated by this to demand these options from their bank, ultimately they are the ones that can make this whole process infinitely easier than what it is today.