Bank Feed - initiate manual sync?

Hi,

I’m not sure if this already exists, but I am looking for manually syncing with the bank feed, so when I do lots of payments or transfers in Barclays, I can go back into QuickFile and manually sync, so I can tag them immediately, without having to wait a day (or if I forget it can be weeks later) then have to try to recall what all the payments were for.

Does it exist?

If it doesn’t, can it?

Hi @devologyrob

Is this a Yodlee feed? If so, you can initiate a manual sync by going to the bank statement you wish to update, select More Options and click Refresh.

If it’s the older feed, unfortunately, this cannot be run, and for technical reasons, this can’t be added. If this is something you require, it may be worth looking at the Yodlee feed option.

Hope that helps!

Thanks for the details, it’s a direct Barclays feed - I don’t know about Yodlee, so I’ll probably live with the limitation.

I could just deduct the amount manually from the bank, so I can perform the tagging, then when the bank syncs the next day I could delete the feed entry? Or is the bank feed clever enough to detect a conflict/match?

The bank feed does use some matching algorithms to prevent duplicates but in order for that to work there would need to be an exact match on the date, reference and amount. When you manually tag it creates a slightly different reference on the bank to that which is imported from Barclays.

I believe there is a setting we can use to consider duplicates only when the date and amount match, which would then solve this problem. I’m happy to enable this for you and you can see how that works?

Another option would be to re-save your bank feed credentials, I believe this then puts your feed in the queue to be polled in the next 30 mins. It’s a way to trigger a refresh if you like.

Occasionally I want that days transactions without waiting for the feed to do it, so I log into my Barclays bank account, download a qif file for that day and manually upload it into quickfile.
Just takes 5 minutes

2 Likes

Great tip - thats @George_H George_H

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.