Bank Reconcile Dates

Is there a way of finding out the date you last did a bank rec? I tend to do mine for a client weekly - however each time they send me the whole month statement so I have to make a note somewhere of the date I completed the last one in order to know what date to start next one - so being able to check in QF date last reconciled to would be great!

Hi @adhdcentre

There isn’t a set date as such, but you could apply a lock to the account which would prevent changes to the account prior to the date.

This can be applied by going to Account Settings >> All Settings, and then find Account Lock Date.

We do however apply some of these locks automatically:

1. If you’re on VAT cash accounting, we will lock any transaction tied to a VAT return
  2. If you’re on VAT accrual accounting, we will lock any invoices tied to a VAT return
  3. If you run the year end tool and create a year end journal, we will lock any invoices, payments and journals relating to that accounting year

The account lock itself is similar to that mentioned in point 3.

I hope this helps.

OK thanks so I can’t see anywhere the date I last did a Bank Reconciliation?

It’s not stored anywhere unfortunately. Unless you applied a lock when you last did it, then no, there wouldn’t be a way to see when it was last done.

OK thanks for letting me know.

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.