Bank tagging locked period

Hi. I’m a QF user and have recently been asked to help out a good friend and fellow QF user. Basically they haven’t really done any book keeping for about 2 yrs and the last vat return submitted was for quarter ending 28/02/2015! This all now needs to be done pretty sharpish so I agreed to do it for them. Clearly there has been a year end since then and opening balances put on. I am unable to tag items on the bank dated prior to 30/06/15 as it’s locked. Advice please!!! Many thanks.

Hi @bluenoteaudio

If the account is locked because the year end procedure has been run, you can simply delete the year end journal, and roll back the lock. There’s a few topics on the forums about this, take a look at this one for example. Hopefully that’ll help. Please let me know if you need any further help though! :slight_smile:

http://community.quickfile.co.uk/t/undo-year-end/11331

Great. Thank you. Do I then just re-run year end?

Correct. Once you’re ready to close off the year again, just simply re-run the end year tool, and it will create the relevant journal for you.

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.