Batch Invoice Creation

Is there an automated way to create invoices for multiple clients? So for instance, I know that we’ll be raising invoices for say 15 clients in the month & I have to manually raise each one. It would be great to just be able to select July Invoices & select which clients to raise them for & then be able to populate as & when.

Hi @Fotofabric

If they are simple one line invoices, there are two ways you could achieve this:

1. List them in a CSV file and import them (see this page for info on importing invoices)
  2. The other option is to use the bulk invoice creation (go to Account Settings > Import Data > Bulk Sales Entry)

Hope that helps?

[Edit]
If you’re looking for something a bit more, then I’m afraid there isn’t a way of doing that directly in QuickFile. You can however do this via the API. If you have a bit of coding knowledge, you could achieve this. If you prefer to look for a developer for this, then you’re welcome to post in our Marketplace category.

Hi QF Support,

Not quite what I wanted as the Description is a mandatory field & I need to add line items as the month progresses so that won’t work but thanks anyway

Unfortunately the description is a mandatory field anyway. Perhaps using an estimate would be better, and then convert it to an invoice on the date of issue?

Hi QF Support,

No that won’t work either I’m afraid. I may investigate the csv option a little later. Thanks again.

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.