Better Invoice Template on Free Version?

Hiya,
I’m new to QuickFile and I’m impressed for a free platform! However, I do think the standard invoice template is rather… ugly. Is there a way to customise the template more than the “Click on an area…” thing please?
Many thanks,
Jen

Hello @Jenii_Lowe

Welcome to QuickFile!

All accounts come with a few standards invoices to pick from but you can customise them in terms of positionings, wordings and colours etc. When you preview an invoice, you should see a green “Invoice Template Gallery” option in the top left hand corner, which opens these options for you.

I’ve included a few links below which will hopefully help:

I hope that helps, but please do let us know if we can help you further :slight_smile:

Awesome, thank you. Looking much better!

1 Like

Hi there,
I’ve changed the CSS, but some of the design changes haven’t transferred over to the PDF versions. Is this normal? Is there a way to duplicate the appearance of the on-screen version in the PDF?
Many thanks,
Jen

Hi Jen

They should transfer all Ok as they’re generated from the same code. But, it does depend what PDF engine your account it set to you.

We released a new one back in September 2017 which supported more flexibility and CSS3. If your account was created after this date, chances are you’re already using it (in which case, let me know and I’ll take a look at your template for you).

You can check which rendering engine your account is set to use in the Advanced features part of your account settings. There’s more info here:

Hi there, I’ve only had the account about a week or so, and my account is set to use the latest PDF rendering engine. Thanks.

@Jenii_Lowe - I’ll take a look at this shortly and will send you a private message to discuss it further.

[Edit]
@Jenii_Lowe - I can see the bar down the left hand side from the ‘Vista’ template, which is what I believe you’re referring to?

Unfortunately because of the way the PDFs are generated, these aren’t carried over to the PDF itself. But the good news is, if you’re sending out a link to your client rather than a PDF, they will still see the coloured bar in place, just like you do when previewing the invoice.

OK, no worries. Thank you for looking.