Bulk Export Nominal Transaction List

I produce management accounts for a client who use QuickFile. After posting any journals etc I used to export all of the Nominal Transactions for the FY and drop this into a spreadsheet which I use to create a formal report.

When looking for this feature a few days ago it seems to have disappeared, or at least I am looking in the wrong place.

Please could you let me know how to export the transaction list and not just the Chart of Accounts.

Many thanks

John

Hi @jeaston

Please see @Glenn’s post here:
http://community.quickfile.co.uk/t/problem-exporting-full-detail-from-chart-of-accounts/9646/2?u=qfsupport

Hi Glenn,

Thanks for your quick reply. It’s good to know I’m not just going mad. I’ll try the backup next week and hopefully can edit my spreadsheet to handle any differences.

Kind regards,

John

1 Like

Hi I had exactly the same question. I’ve just run a back up and there is definitely no list of all nominal account transactions in it. This is a really important bit of functionality for all sorts of reasons. There needs to be a way to extract transactions across the whole ledger into a spreadsheet for analysis.

Hi @Ben_Whittaker

The back up contains all the ledger activity, split up over a couple of different files (keeping relevant data together).

What sort of reports/analysis are you looking to carry out? Perhaps the custom reporting feature would be useful?

Wow speedy response thanks. in this instance I’ve got some odd balances on control accounts and I’m trying to trace the double entry that’s created them. All I want is to extract all nominal transactions into a single spreadsheet tab so I can pivot it up and analyse it. Once I’ve finished fixing the errors that have cased this I’ll need to compare the download I took at year end with the updated one toe identify the changes.

The back up data lists activity but it’s missing lots of key data, the GL codes that purchase and sales invoices were coded to for instance. All I want is the feature mentioned above that has now been removed.

Hi @Ben_Whittaker

Always try to be speedy :wink:

Unfortunately, due to the performance issues the report generation was creating, it was removed.

The only thing I could suggest in the mean time is try drilling down on those control accounts. I’d be happy to take a look one to see if I could get you started if that helps? I can’t find your account to send you a request, but if you could let me know your account number, I can certainly try!

Thanks for the offer, but I’m OK. I can under stand where you are coming from re performance issues, but being able to dump general ledger transactions across a range of GL codes into excel for analysis is a basic and vital bit of accounting functionality. Taking it away is a really big step backwards

The backup should be at least on a par with what we were providing in that export option from the Chart of Accounts. If this is not the case we shall review and update in the next few days.

Backups are run in a slightly different way and are limited to prevent overuse, which was the big problem with the option we removed. Leave this with me and I will report back shortly.

@jeaston @Ben_Whittaker

Just a quick one to let you know that we’ve brought back the full export option in the Chart of Accounts.

We will likely just limit how many times you can use it per day or process these request using a background job to solve our original performance problems.

Perfect. Many thanks.

That’s great. I have no problem with it being a background task where you can request the export and come back to download it later.

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.