Can "Attach Invoice as PDF" be on by default?

To reopen an old topic (Attach PDF for invoices - ticked by default) is there any way to tick this box by default. A lot of my clients can’t remember their email password and don’t want to use a portal to check invoices, they just want me to supply an invoice they can print and give to their accountant. I always check the box to send invoices as PDFs to clients.

I know you really don’t want to (I read the thread) but it seems like a feature your users want. You wouldn’t even need an extra setting. As I see it the current “Allow invoices, statements & estimates to be attached to emails in PDF format” is fairly redundant as whether you tick it or not, by default, the customer will not get a PDF.

How about changing this option to “Send invoices, statements & estimates in PDF format by default”. Then for customers with it unticked they still get nothing (unless the box is deliberately ticked, which it wouldn’t be by people who don’t want the feature), but for customers with it ticked they normally get the attachment but the option is still there to turn it off when it isn’t required.

That should keep both sides happy. Those not wanting to send PDFs ever, still won’t, they would see the option but they can still leave it alone! Those wanting PDFs all the time on some clients don’t have to remember to tick the box every time.

I have even changed my email template to read “Please find attached invoice…” which makes me look like an idiot if I forget to attach it!

1 Like

Hi @Hactar

As you’ve noticed this has been brought up before. While there is no hard and fast fix, there is a workaround. Take a look at @Glenn’s post here:
http://community.quickfile.co.uk/t/attach-pdf-for-invoices-ticked-by-default/8673/32?u=qfsupport

I did see that but it is a solution for Power Users, and I am still to small to be paying for that and was hoping for a software solution.

There’s a good explanation of why we don’t do this here.

I had a lot of resistance to Quickfile from clients as well and some just read the amount owing from the email and put a cheque in the post. I found that the answer was simply not to enforce password entry when they clicked on the link.

Password entry is off by default, so any invoice in theory should be just one click away. Password entry is enforced on a per client basis from the client settings screen.

Yes but the OP explicitly refers to passwords which makes me assume that he is switching it on for each new client.

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.