Can I add a PDF or JPEG as Invoice background?

Can I add a PDF or JPEG as the background to my Invoice?

Hi @philipc

It’s certainly possible to add an image, but not a PDF.

What are you trying to do? Perhaps there’s a better method we could suggest?

To have my own design of Invoice, with the QuickFile text overlaid on it. So that it looks as much as possible like the invoices my customers have been used to getting from me for many years!
(PS A JPEG would do!!)

The best thing to do would be to adjust the QuickFile invoice layout to update it to suit your setup rather than put a JPG behind it.

If you have any experience with CSS, then you can tweak it by previewing an invoice, clicking the green “Invoice Style Gallery” (top left) and picking a template. Then clicking “Customise this style” to adjust it as needed.

This guide may also help: 10 basic CSS tricks for styling your invoices

Of course, if you’re stuck, please let us know and we’ll try our best to help :slight_smile:

So, are you saying that I cannot put a JPEG either behind – or behind the top and foot of – my Invoice layout? Please answer Yes or No

Note: I wasn’t suggesting that the JPEG would align with the tweaked Invoice. Rather, that the “heading” and “footer” of my existing invoice would be carried over to minimize the “shock” to my customers of noticing a radically different Invoice (which is what I would have, no matter how much tweaking I do!!!).

Yes, it’s possible to set a JPG as a background image as part of the header. The footer is a little bit more tricky.

If you go to the customise section (from my post above), you can add a background image as part of the CSS, for example:

.invoice-header {
    background-image: url('Full web address to image');
}

The footer is a bit trickier, but depending on the content it could be possible. Is your footer something like trade logos, or is it a bit more complex?

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.