Can I Disable Customer Control Panel?

Hiya,
I don’t want to send a branded control panel to my clients. Is there a way to disable this feature please? I would like to use Quick File to email out invoices without having to set up logins and what have you.
Many thanks,
Jen

Hi @Jenii_Lowe

To what extent do you use QuickFile at the moment - do you email your clients a link to view their invoice or do you attach a PDF?

There isn’t a way of switching it off as such, but depending on how you use QuickFile, there may be a way to restrict it

Hiya,
Thanks for responding. I’m still trying it out with dummy data at the mo, but I’m likely to use a mixture of attaching and linking depending on the customer.
Cheers,
Jen

If you’re using the linking, then the only way to really do is it to “hide” it. They would still need to be able to log in to view the invoice/estimate you’ve sent them, but the rest of it can be hidden.

There are some options in the design settings of your account (Account Settings >> Design Customisation >> Client Area Customisation), which will allow you to remove the menu for example.

If you have a Power User Subscription, you can also do further customisation such as hiding parts with CSS (like the links or the data on the dashboard).

Is there any particular reason you want to hide the whole dashboard from your client? Perhaps we could suggest an alternative approach?

Hiya,
When I’m testing it (using a different browser to the one I’m logged into QF with), the link takes me straight to the invoice - and the rest of their account data - with no login. I was just a bit concerned about security in case their email is compromised, maybe I’m just paranoid.
Cheers,
Jen

Not paranoid - it’s only right that these things are asked (and answered!)

The link contains a unique token which automatically logs a specific user in (as in client contact, not just the client). The token authorises the user to login and will automatically view a specific invoice, but as you rightfully say it will also allow them to view any details on their account. There are also behind the scene checks here that prevents automated systems from logging in using the same link (like recaptcha), and we also record some basic information about the event (e.g. an entry is recorded in your account event log).

There are ways to secure it further, such as enforcing them to use a password. If you do learn of the email being compromised, then you can also revoke any previously issued tokens sent in earlier emails (there’s more on this here).

However, one thing to consider is enforcing a password could be another barrier for your client (“I forgot my password and therefore couldn’t log in to pay”). The links is generated mainly for convenience, but as I said, you can revoke them or enforce a password.

I hope that helps :slight_smile:

Hiya,
You must be a mind-reader - I was just playing around with the “enforce client login” function! I think I’ve got the hang of it. Some clients would be fine with it, but it may case a barrier for others like you say. Good to know there are checks in place to verify the user’s identity.
Thank you for your help!
Kindest regards
Jen

1 Like

If you find specific clients for whom it’s a problem you can enable the option to send them PDF attachments.

1 Like

I see, thank you for your help everybody :slight_smile:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.