Cant add my acccountant as a team member on multiple quickfile accounts?

hi

ive got my account registered as a team member so he can login on 2 of my 4 quicifile accounts.

ive tried adding him to my 2 newer ones and i get this error:

This Email address has already been registered to another QuickFile account. To manage multiple QuickFile accounts from a single email login please register to use Affinity.

why cant i just add the same person to each account as a team member?

Each user needs to have a unique email for their log in. I know with gmail you can amend the email slightly and it will still deliver to the same place if you add a “.” in the middle of some letters so example@gmail.com would be the same as exa.mple@gmail.com but for the purpose of QuickFile these are seen as unique.

Similarly you can use a “+” so you could have example+company@gmail.com would be the same as just example@gmail.com

Hope this helps

sorry thats not what i mean

quickfile account 1
my accountant is setup as a team member with his email address (not gmail).

quickfile account 2
my accountant is setup as a team member with his email address (not gmail).

quickfile account 3 and 4
i cant add him as a team member?
This Email address has already been registered to another QuickFile account. To manage multiple QuickFile accounts from a single email login please register to use Affinity.

why can he be a member of 2 of my accounts but not 4?
surely this is silly, he wont be able to log into any of his other clients accounts with his email?

also, once i have a VA setup to manage my bookeeping, the wouldnt be able to log into each of my accounts with their email?

this sounds like an error to me, surely this cant be the case?

That is the case and always has been. If he is an accountant managing multiple accounts then Affinity would be the way to go.

The 2 accounts thing sounds like an error, but are you sure this is the same email address (not got a typo in one of them) or something? Should get the error pop up when adding them as a team member on the second account, as everyone else does.

1 Like

The 2 accounts thing sounds like an error, but are you sure this is the same email address (not got a typo in one of them) or something? Should get the error pop up when adding them as a team member on the second account, as everyone else does.

NO - exactly the same. i set these up last year. you are welcome to check for yourself if you PM me ill give you the details.

affinity:
i have an affinity account with 2 (soon to be 3) of my quickfile account in it.
ive added his emial address as a team member to test it out.
does this mean that he can only then log into my afinity account and nobody elses?
again this seems very strange…

I’ll leave that for a member of support to look at, although I am intrigued as to what has happened here.

In general you have a Quickfile account and your accountant has an Affinity account then they can manage multiple clients from a single login. Because you have an Affinity account this is kind of outside of the way it was designed.

There are ways around it, the limitation is just down to the email address needing to be unique so you could just use a forwarder/alias or something as the email address for the login, doesn’t need to be their actual address. But, if you have Affinity then you only need to add them to that, not every single acount individually.

ii see

3 of the 4 are in my affinity.
1 is not.

ive setup him as a team member in affinity - he can access the 3 accounts there.

i already had him setup as a team member in the other one so he has access there.

seems a bit wierd to me… needing a unique email address.

We’ll send you a private message shortly to get some further info.

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.