Cashflow report

Hi, would anyone be able to help me set up a cashflow report please using the custom reports feature. I haven’t got the slightest clue where or how to start!! All I need is a report that shows the opening bank balances, money in grouped into nominals, money out grouped into nominals, and closing balances of bank statements, for the previous month.
Thanks

Hi @BBK

For a cashflow report, create a new report and enter the nominals of your bank accounts. Using the nominals from your chart of accounts report, you can find the nominals and piece something together.

For example, on my test account, I have the following accounts:

So, my custom report could look like:
(1200+1203:1254)*-1

This takes all the bank accounts listed above (with the exception of the Drawings account), and times it by minus 1 (as banks are recorded as opposites).

I hope that helps?

Thanks. Possibly useful, but not what I was hoping to achieve, essentially that’s just giving me a graph of the bank balance. If I did that with the expense nominals then I’d be able to recreate the P&L but in a picture format instead I’m assuming. What I’m after is basically a cash based version of the P&L - an analysis of where the money in the bank during that month came from and went to…

I see. I’m guessing you mean like a pie chart or some sort of graph for nominals in a given time period?

There isn’t a feature for this at the moment. Graphs could be possible, but I don’t believe cash based would be possible as everything on QuickFile is accrual based. You’re welcome to open a topic in the ‘feature’ category, and if there’s enough demand for it, then we’ll investigate further. The majority of our features are suggested by the community - we’re actively listening :slight_smile:

It doesn’t have to be graphical, just a report that shows opening bank balances, money in with totals per nominal, money out with totals per nominal, closing bank balances.
That’s a shame, the time I’m saving by using QF to process the information is going to be lost by having to prepare reports completely manually :disappointed:

The only other report I could suggest that may be useful is the Trial Balance (Reports > Trial Balance), but this isn’t cash based.

If you would like a report cash based as you’ve described, open a new feature request. I’m not sure of the technicalities of implementing something like this, but as with all features - we’ll happily take a look if the interest is there from the community.

Hiya, I would be very interested to have a report like this as well. If Quickfile does’t offer this option (i’m a new user) than I will have to look for an alternative. I’d rather keep all financials together tbh.

I also feel that the Quickfile software is missing a standard Cashflow report, most of the charged for accounting packages include some level of cashflow reporting.

A simple report meeting current basic accounting standards would be sufficient for most needs…" Source and application of cash" all of the figures needed are already compiled by Quickfile, its just a question of writing a bespoke report that will be easy for Quickfile customers to use.

For my companies I have produced a spreadsheet version of a “cashflow report” but it still requires dual keying from the information generated in QF.

2 Likes

@marksenior - I appreciate it’s been a while since this was posted, but we have today released a new report which may help here.

The request was also posted here, but you can find out more about the report, here:
New Statement of Cash Flows, Batch Supplier Payment Reports and more

I’ll close this topic so we can keep everything in one place. If you have any feedback, please let us know.