Change to which bank account payment was made

Hello,

I figured out I somehow created 2 bank accounts (one with my banks’s name and one generic current account) in QuickFile although I only use one for my company. Now I see I also marked some invoices as paid on one bank account and some on another bank account. All the invoices were paid on one bank account, so how do I change this in Quickfile?

Thanks for help

Hi @ninabreznik

There are 2 ways this could be done - it comes down to how you work and how many payments you need to change.

Option 1 - Change individual payments

If you need to change one or two individual payments, when viewing the payment details you will see the name of the bank account in the top right, with a little pencil icon:

Clicking this will give you the option to change the bank account.

Option 2 - Bulk change the transactions

This is likely to the easier and quicker option which involves bulk moving the transactions from one bank account to another.

Firstly, go to Reports >> Chart Of Accounts, and scroll down to Assets and Liabilities. Expand this section and find the wrong bank account and go into it.

Tick the payments you want to move and then select the Move to new code button:

Select the correct bank account, and job done!

Hope that helps :slight_smile:

1 Like

It helps. Thank you. Will try it out now.

1 Like

I would like to check what I am doing wrong. Because as you can see on the first image, my bank account is Fidor and this is where I receive all my payments.

And the second image is all the payments on my ‘current account’ that I would like to change for Fidor.
31%20PM56%20PM

But when I click to change the account, I don’t see my Fidor account listed…38%20PM

I’ve just located your account and taken a quick look for you.

I can see ‘Fidor’ as the bank account which is a EUR bank account, whereas the current account is GBP. This would prevent you from moving the payments from the one to the other.

1 Like

Hm. The problem is that I invoice in GBP, but get paid in EUR based on the exchange rate that day… Can you recommend what would be a smooth way to avoid confusion for my accountant and to have things accurate, because payments does go to Fidor.

Or maybe it’s ok to leave it like this since it separates GBP and EUR invoices.

What currency is Fidor? I would make it so that the statement for that bank on QuickFile matches the one issued by the bank, so if they issue it in EUR, leave it as EUR.

On Fidor bank I can accept only EUR. So sometimes I issue invoices in EUR, sometimes in GBP, depends on the contract, but always the payments go to Fidor and they are in EUR.

That’s fine then - leave the bank account as EUR.

If you do have an invoice in GBP that’s paid in EUR, you would need to convert the EUR payment to GBP in the first instance (like a holding account). It’s not possible at the moment to use a different currency to pay a GBP invoice.

If this is a regular occurrence, I would create a new bank account called something like “EUR to GBP Conversion”, tag the EUR payment to that account, and then pay the invoice from the same bank account (therefore cancelling each other out).

Let me know if you want more details on this and I’ll try and find an example for you :slight_smile:

1 Like

@SQKaccountancy as my accountant, what would you recommend me to do to make your work easier? :slightly_smiling_face:

I also recently had one invoice issued in GBP, but paid in cryptocurrency (ETH) on my Crypto wallet.

Cryptocurrency isn’t currently supported within QuickFile I’m afraid. You would need to record this as it’s GBP equivalent for the time being.

There is an open feature request relating to BitCoin so you may wish to add your vote to that thread (below) - I appreciate it’s different from Ether, but it’s the length of the numbers that raises an issue, as most currencies support 2 decimal places, whereas Ether and BitCoin (and others) support considerably more. My colleague explains the issue better in the same thread:

1 Like

I added my comment, thanks!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.