CloudFlare Issues - 8th November

Just checking if it’s another issue or planned maintenance.

Hi @Mark_Manning

Everything is running as normal. What error message are you seeing (if any)?

I just had an error message but refreshed again and it is back now :slight_smile:

I am having a 503 message on my iPad saying service unavailable.
Retry for a live version is currently offline. However, because the site uses Cloudflare’s Always Online™ technology you can continue to surf a snapshot of the site. We will keep checking in the background and, as soon as the site comes back, you will automatically be served the live version. Always Online™ is powered by Cloudflare Hide this Alert

503 Service Temporarily Unavailable

Thanks @Aspyre_Accountancy and @Ankie for your replies. Everything seems to be all OK on our end. We will keep monitoring closely this however.

There are no clients listed in my affinity account where there are normally 100? I see someone else raised a comment slow slow slow

I’m having the same problem with the 503 message for the last 30 minutes. What’s the problem?

Anything happened recently, my accounts portal is slow to the point of it being unusable?

J

@Aspyre_Accountancy - Are you only noticing this issue with Affinity, or are there other parts of QuickFile you’re seeing this with?

@Elains04 - Are you seeing this on any particular area? Is it intermittent or persistent?

@John_Charnock - By “accounts portal”, are you referring to your QuickFile account, or an Affinity account?

Ok, just a quick update here.

If you’re not aware, all our traffic is routed through a service called CloudFlare. At the moment, their London site is experiencing some issues, but traffic is being re-routed elsewhere. This may result in loading slower than usual, and some timeouts.

There’s more information on their page here: https://www.cloudflarestatus.com/

For reference, if you’re able to load http://quickfile.co.uk/cdn-cgi/trace, it’s worth checking as this will tell you where your traffic is being routed (see “COLO” on this link). LHR is London. They do have other sites in the UK (Manchester for example), so if you’re routed through these, it’s unlikely you’ll notice any difference.

CloudFlare is a popular service and used by many online sites, so it’s likely you’ll see the same issue elsewhere too. The same web address (/cdn-cgi/trace) can be applied to any website using CloudFlare.

It is being intermittent. I now have my list of clients back and can access them. Previously I was having the error message whilst in a client trying to move from screen to screen.

Thanks for the update with cloudflare. I pack up for tonight!

1 Like

Quickfile , what is affinity ?

Affinity is a product that we offer, allowing users to access multiple accounts with 1 email and password. Useful for accountants, bookkeepers or those just managing multiple accounts.

More info here: QuickFile Affinity overview

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.