Custom Reporting

Hi
I would like to create a summarised P&L report using my own headings from the NL codes I have created. I wish to report it as a standard report format and not as a chart in any form. Can I do this?
Thanks for your help

1 Like

Hi @ping

It depends on what data you’re trying to get from the report.

The custom reporting tool will get the data you ask based on the nominal codes you select. Along with the chart at the top of the report, it will produce a table of results at the bottom too, which can be exported.

The other option, for something like a P&L, would be to export your actual P&L report and filter down the data in an export in software such as Excel.

I hope this helps.

Thank you for your reply.
I was hoping to create a report very similar to the actual P&L report supplied, just with a few adjustments. I guess I am wondering if there is any way to tailor reports without exporting them, similar to the facility that crystal reporting provides in other software packages?

The custom reporting tool is the only way to produce a custom report for specific nominal codes within QuickFile.

If it was invoices, estimates, purchase orders etc., you do have the option of project tags, but these will only use those documents tied to that tag itself.

But to slim the P&L report down in general to just your own custom nominals, exporting the data to a .csv file is likely to the be a good option.

However, we’ll leave the thread open for a few days as other users may have more suggestions.

Thank you, I appreciate your time

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.