Customer Statement Totals

Quickfile Statement.pdf (73.4 KB)

Having impersonated my Client and then produced a Statement, the information is quite confusing. An invoice for £5440.80 has been issued. Payments on account of £1500 have been received (but NOT allocated yet).
The statement shows : Invoiced 5440.80 (Correct)
Payments 1500.00 (Correct)
Credits 1500.00 (NO Credit Notes have been issued …
obviously a duplicate of the payments . Why?)
Outstanding Balance 5440.80 INCORRECT. It should be 3940.80
The Statement is quite confusing for the customer.

Hello @Fauxman24

Firstly - I’ve removed your PDF from your post as this is a public forum.

“Credits” is credit on account rather than credit notes - also known as prepayments elsewhere in the system. These are not taken off any outstanding balances so the outstanding balance will not take these payments into account.

In your case you only have one invoice, but if there are 10 invoices for example, which of these should we assume to take the balance from? This is something the user (you) should be in control of. Once it’s allocated to an invoice the outstanding balance will be adjusted.

Regarding the credits/prepayments themselves, my colleague explains about these in a bit more detail, here:

I hope this helps.

Thank you for removing the PDF. In all my working life in industry I never saw a customer statement so confusing to read. However, I’m very happy overall with the way this FREE software works.
David

We’re always open to suggestions. This is the first time that I recall this coming up (I can’t find a feature request for this change either), so if you wish, you can start a new request in the #feature category with suggested changes?

If there’s support from the QuickFile community, we can certainly review this.

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.