Disable automatic invoice creations for PayPal

One of my clients who uses Quickfile has a banking problem, in that they receive funds by direct deposit from PayPal into to their PayPal bank account and when this occurs, Quickfile creates an automatic sales invoice for the gross value received within the 4000 series in the Chart of Accounts (excluding the VAT and any PayPal charges that will have been imposed).

Is there a means of simply receiving the values from PayPal as UNTAGGED transactions into the PayPal bank account, without creating an invoice automatically?

I am sure there will be a means of gaining the payments from PayPal automatically within the correct bank account without the system creating the sale automatically. So, look forward to gaining advice to turn off the automatic invoice creation.

Hi @Ernieparsons

There is indeed a way :slight_smile:

On the bank management screen, select “Feed Settings” next to the PayPal account. Here you will find an option to disable the autotagging and automatic invoice creation.

A guide on this can be found here.

I hope that helps!

Thanks for the quick advice. I have just modified my clients bank account as you’ve suggested. I should imagine this will have resolved the problem.

Much appreciated!

1 Like