Duplicate a Quickfile account for New Company

Hi,
I am in the process of starting another business. It will trade under the same name as my other one but I want the accounts to be separate. Therefore is is possible to copy my existing setup so that all my templates and settings etc are the same?

Thanks in advance

Hi @w9gga,

You may have to use a slightly different name when you set up the new account as you can’t have two that are identical. You will also need a separate email address for the log in.

The best way to copy over the contents and things would be to do a back up to then import this into the new account:

To copy your invoice templates you would need to do this one by one

Are these both the same business type or are you going from sole trader to limited?

The new company’s services compliments the existing. I want to keep the accounts separate so I can analyse its performance better. The idea is it is more of a division than a company. I have it registered as a new company but at some point the plan is to make the existing company a holding company and absorb this one into it. All the invoices and communications will appear to be as the existing company but with a ‘trading as’ prefix. This is why I want a blank Quickfile, no data, but with all the settings and templates the same as what I have setup already.

Have you looked into using the trading styles feature?

That looks perfect for duplicating everything but I take it that’s done from inside our existing QF? I need it to be separate so the P&Ls etc are distinguishable.

It is yes.

There is obviously the main P&L for the entire thing but you can also create custom reports so you could use separate nominals for the different styles for example?

I actually used separate Quickfile accounts for some separate trading styles and it was a nightmare getting everything to reconcile which is why I was on board with trading styles from day one.

Its a new company with different directors to the original one though so it needs to be separate for the time being.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.